How Servicing Can Help You Avoid Emergency Boiler Repair
Boilers are a bit like teeth, you don’t think much about them until they break. And then, that’s all you can think about.
Emergency boiler repair, not unlike going to the dentist, can be costly and stressful. But whether it’s no heating, a leak, a noisy system, low water pressure, frozen pipes or no response to the thermostat – it is a problem that needs fixing as soon as possible.
Could these problems be avoided? Read on as we discuss how servicing can help you prevent this scenario from happening at all.
What is a boiler service?
A boiler service is an in-depth safety and efficiency check to ensure your boiler is in the best condition. Carried out by a qualified and experienced engineer, it is important that each element is safety checked and in full, working order. Services are also an annual requirement for your boiler in order to ensure your warranty stays valid.
So, how is it carried out?
6 steps of a boiler service
- Visual Inspection – to ensure that your boiler meets current standards and requirements.
- Remove the boiler casing – components are checked and the inside of the boiler is cleaned.
- Flue check – the pipe from your boiler to the outside of your house is checked for obstructions.
- Control functions and operation – all boiler functions, controls, and safety devices will be checked, and engineers will test for adequate ventilation.
- Inspection record – engineers record each test, which may be useful for future inspections.
- Boiler fire up – checking for operational failures before returning settings to the customer’s requirements.
Avoiding emergency repair
Servicing your boiler regularly simply makes sense, as it costs a lot less than replacing your boiler entirely should a disaster occur. More importantly, it will ensure your family is not at risk of carbon monoxide leaks or other serious problems with your gas.
Some of the most common problems include:
- Thermostat issues
- Pilot light faults
- Build up of limescale and mineral deposits
- Water leaks
- Circulator pump failure
When an engineer carries out safety and efficiency checks on your boiler, small issues are identified before they progress into large problems, that bring costly repairs. The average cost of an emergency repair is around £300, but it can be much more. And as one of the most likely reasons for a breakdown is a faulty part, the price could rise considerably if a replacement is needed.
Three years ago, a survey taken by Worcester Borsch, revealed that 18% of homeowners believe that unless their boiler breaks down, servicing is unnecessary. This showed that a large number of people didn’t understand the importance of taking care of their boilers, in order to reduce safety risks.
Professional boiler servicing with Elementis
Sidestep the cost and stress of emergency boiler repair with servicing by Elementis. Our professional, experienced team of expert engineers will ensure your boiler is in tip-top shape, reducing the chance of an emergency repair being needed.
With a range of service plans, from Basic to Advanced+, our services can cater to all needs and budgets. So, call on 01206 912068 or contact Elementis today for a hassle-free way to ensure that your boiler will work better and last longer.